Pages

26 Mar 2017

Hello Spring! Time Out Challenge

Thank goodness Spring is on it's way - I can feel it in the air YAY! I love birds and birdhouses so I was giddy to see the Time Out Challenge this week to case this card!

I've created a "Welcome Back" card for all the birds that have been conglomerating around our home and our feeders.

I used the new Crafter's Companion Essentials Nature Dies - a set of 19 dies full of birds, flowers, butterflies, leaves, clouds ETC.




I began by making a background wash using Spectrum Aqua water-based markers on Crafter's Companion white watercolour cardstock.  I love it. It's white - not cream or off-white - just beautiful white watercolour cardstock yummy!

Using my Gemini Die Cutting and Embossing machine, I embossed my background with one of the embossing folders included with the Gemini.


Focusing on the birdhouses, I diecut them in different colours and popped them up to hang from the adhered diecut branches. Then I diecut three of the sweet little birds and coloured them with my Spectrum Noir markers and adhered them to the bird houses.

Finally I added a ribbon, some twine and some sparkly clear sequins to finish!  Take some Time Out to join the challenge and then fly on over to Crafter's Companion to see all their product I have mentioned!









4 comments:

  1. That background is gorgeous and full of Spring hope. I love all these sweet bird houses and wow to the ribbon. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the cutest card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all those spring coloured birdhouses, great design and fab texture on the background :)
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty and spring-like, Bonnie ... such a sweet scene with fabulous texture and dimension! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!